Health & Safety...
Funky Punky/Cher's Funky Faces is a registered business with Public Liability Insurance up to £5,000,000 to include night clubs and private parties.
We regularly create smiles with our face paints, glitter tattoos and hair braid around the South and South West of England and provide festival and event services throughout the UK.
Our face paints are from industry standard companies which are friendly to the most delicate skin.
Our face paints are fully compliant with EU & FDA toy and cosmetic regulations and are non-toxic. We only use Diamond FX, Snazaroo, TAG Body Art, Wolfe, Superstar, Grimas, Mehron or Kryolan for this reason.
Our face paints are all water-based, so they're as easy to get off as they are to put on.
A retainer fee is paid at time of booking either by cash (personal delivery only), credit or debit card (telephone payments accepted), PayPal or direct bank transfer. Corporate bookings please contact Funky Punky. Your booking will be held for 24hours from initial verbal agreement without retainer fee. For all events please contact us with details for a no obligation quote. Charity/NFP bookings please note we can not work for free however we are open to negotiating a discount from our normal rates. Thank you.
Booking Contract / Terms & Conditions...
Please read the following conditions carefully:
1. In the event of adverse weather Funky Punky also known as Cher’s Funky Faces reserves the right to cancel, delay start time and/or has the right to cease painting and leave the premises due to extreme or hazardous weather conditions, such as severe rain, thunderstorms, high winds etc.
1.1 If circumstances occur which put the Artist or their equipment in danger or at risk, every effort will be made by the Artist to find a solution with the client. If no action has been taken or solution found then the Artist has the right to cease painting without prejudice or penalty.
Retainer Fee & Payments
2. Booking will be secured only when a Retainer Fee and signed contract is received. Once payment is received a confirmation will be sent to the client.
2.1 By returning the booking form via post or electronically, you confirm to have read, understood and agreed to all terms and conditions.
2.2 Full payment is required prior to the day, or in full before the start of the event unless previously agreed and stated in the booking contract.
2.3 Payment by debit or credit card, BACS, PayPal or cash on hand are accepted. Where agreed payment is required within 7 days of the event. Late payments will be subject to a 5% late payment fee per month.
2.4 All Retainer Fees are non-refundable.
2.5. If the payment should go to court you, as the customer, will be liable for all court fees.
Extra Charges (if applicable)
3. The client agrees to pay for any stolen property and/or accidental or intentional damage caused by the client, their guests or pets to any Funky Punky Equipment. Including but not exclusive to items such as face painting supplies, audio & lighting, leads, backdrops etc...
3.1 The client is responsible for any fees incurred in the case of charge back and/or credit card dispute.
3.2. Funky Punky will use reasonable care but are not responsible for damage to clothing or property.
3.3. Funky Punky will not be liable for non-attendance due to incorrect booking details being provided.
3.4. The client will be responsible for any parking fees and provide parking at venue suitable for a LWB high top van.
3.5. The unplanned overtime rate is £20 per half hour or part of to be paid in full on the day.
4. Funky Punky must be notified of cancellations by email and phone as soon as possible. For cancellations, less than 7 days away from the scheduled date the client agrees to pay a cancellation fee of 50% of the booking fee. Cancellations 72 hours or less from the scheduled date the client agrees to pay cancellation fee of 100% of the booking fee.
4.1. Cancellation fees are due within 14 days of the cancellation notification.
4.2. Cancellation Funky Punky: In the rare instance, Funky Punky must cancel; we will contact the client at the earliest possibility and endeavour to find a suitable replacement. If a replacement cannot be found the client will be offered a rescheduled date or full refund of any fees paid.
5. Funky Punky will arrive at least 15 min before booking to set up.
5.1 Please ensure that there is parking available for a LWB high top van as close to the entrance of the building as possible. Funky Punky will have to carry heavy equipment into the venue. Failure to do so may result in Funky Punky not being set up on time.
5.2. The client must provide assistance to watch equipment whilst loading/unloading and during breaks.
5.3 Funky Punky is only the party provider and will not supervise children. The behaviour and safety of the children is the responsibility of the client/parent/carer/host. Under 18’s parent, carer or guardian must be present at all times.
6. Funky Punky will stop work at the scheduled time. If additional time is requested and agreed then payment will need to be made immediately.
Face, Body & Bump Painting
7. Hosts/Guardians left in charge of any children without their parent/carer, are responsible for obtaining permission from the parent for that child to participate.
7.1. Host/Guardians left in charge are responsible for ensuring only participating people approach the artist for a design.
7.2. Host/Guardians left in charge must ensure participant’s mouth and nose is wiped and face is clean and dry before being seated for painting.
7.3. The participant will present a clean and dry body or bump before being painted. Read below for reasons why people should not participate.
People who should not participate
8. Anyone who appears to be suffering from Chicken Pox, Measles, Rubella, Impetigo, Scabies, Cold Sores, Conjunctivitis or who suffer from Eczema or have open cuts and sores.
8.1. Anyone who is generally unwell.
8.2. Anyone who is reluctant, too wriggly or asleep.
8.3. Anyone who has sensitive skin or allergies. However, a skin patch test can be carried out on the inside of the arm on parent/carer’s request and left for approximately 60 minutes. If there is no reaction, they can be painted on their face at their own risk without prejudice or penalty.
8.4. Children less than two years of age.
8.5. Anyone that is abusive, violent or intoxicated.
8.6. Anybody asking for anything that could be considered as offensive.
8.7. Anybody asking for work to take place on inappropriate parts of the body.
8.8. The artist reserves the right to refuse anyone that is or seems to fall in any of the categories
Face Painter Responsibility
9. Is fully insured with at least £5 million public liability.
9.1. Will keep a clean work station.
9.2. Will adhere to industry health and safety practices. For example, we ensure our brushes will be washed and water changed frequently during the event. A fresh sponge is used on each customer.
9.3. All equipment is washed thoroughly after an event.
9.4. All paints, fine glitter and glue are EEC/FDA approved. Some professional paints can temporarily skin stain. This will go after a few washes.
9.5. The client understands chunky glitter and sequins are not cosmetic grade and may stain temporarily.
9.6. It is the client’s responsibility to inform Funky Punky of any participants who do not wish to have non-cosmetic grade products used.
Hair Braids & Feathers
People who should not participate
10. Anyone with head lice or nits.
10.1. People with very fine hair.
10.2 Children less than three years of age.
10.3. Anyone that is abusive, violent or intoxicated.
10.4. Anyone with skin problems on the scalp such as Eczema or Psoriasis
10.5. Anyone who appears to be suffering from Chicken Pox, Measles, Rubella, Impetigo, Scabies, Cold Sores, Conjunctivitis or who suffer from Eczema or have open cuts and sores.
10.6. Children who are reluctant, too wriggly or asleep.
10.7. The braider reserves the right to refuse anyone that is or seems to fall in any of the categories mentioned above.
Hair Braider Responsibility
11. Is fully insured with at least £5 million public liability.
11.1. Will supply a large range of colours and designs.
11.2. Ensures participant’s hair is suitable before installing a braid. If not suitable a clip-in/removable braid will be offered.
12. Funky Punky reserves the right to display and distribute promotional material during the event.
12.1. Funky Punky may take photos during the event with permission from the participant which may be used for promoting the business including via social media platforms.
12.2. It is the client’s responsibility to inform Funky Punky of any participants who do not wish to have their photos taken.
13. You will ensure that the Artist/s have a safe, dry, comfortable covered area to work in, with adequate lighting away from speakers or loud music.
13.1. You will provide a safe, dry, covered working area if the event is outside.
13.2. If Gazebos are provided they must be sturdy, securely tethered and sides provided in case of inclement weather.
13.3. The suppliers’ own insurance must cover public liability, power and structural integrity of the Gazebo.
13.2. You will ensure enough space and suitable standing is provided to securely tether guy ropes etc if gazebo supplied by us.
13.3. You agree that Funky Punky is exclusively the sole provider for services booked.
13.4. If "Pay Per Face" is arranged, you agree to pay the guaranteed fix rate (to be negotiated) in the event of working at a loss due to the event being poorly attended for reasons such as but not exclusive to: insufficient promotion, inclement weather, incorrect booking dates supplied etc.
Once the contract is returned signed via post or electronically it is legally binding. If you disagree with any of the above we ask you to contact us before returning. We will endeavour to negotiate a bespoke contract suitable for your event.
Insurance & Risk Assessment Docs...
Please download for your records where required.