Health & Safety...
Funky Punky/Cher's Funky Faces is a registered business with Public Liability Insurance up to £5,000,000 to include night clubs and private parties.
We regularly create smiles with our face paints, glitter tattoos and hair braid around the South and South West of England and provide festival and event services throughout the UK.
Our face paints are from industry standard companies which are friendly to the most delicate skin.
Our face paints are fully compliant with EU & FDA toy and cosmetic regulations and are non-toxic. We only use Diamond FX, Snazaroo, TAG Body Art, Wolfe, Superstar, Grimas, Mehron or Kryolan for this reason.
Our face paints are all water-based, so they're as easy to get off as they are to put on.
Booking Contract / Terms & Conditions...
Please read the following conditions carefully:
1. In the event of adverse weather Funky Punky also known as Cher’s Funky Faces reserves the right to cancel, delay start time and/or has the right to cease painting and leave the premises due to extreme or hazardous weather conditions, such as severe rain, thunderstorms, high winds etc.
2. If circumstances occur which put the Artist or their equipment in danger or at risk, every effort will be made by the Artist to find a solution with the client and if no action has been taken or solution found then the Artist has the right to cease painting without prejudice or penalty.
Retainer Fee & Payments :
3. Booking will be secured only when a Retainer Fee is received. Once payment is received a confirmation will be sent to the client.
4. By sending a payment you are agreeing you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions.
5. Full payment is required prior to the day, or in full before the start of the event.
6. Payment by invoice or BACS can be arranged prior to your booking. Where agreed payment is required within 14 days.
7. All Retainer Fees are non refundable.
8. If the payment has to go to court you, as the customer, will be liable for all court fees.
Extra Charges (if applicable) :
9. The client agrees to pay for any accidents or damage caused by the client, their guests or pets to Funky Punky equipment or supplies including all audio & lighting, leads, face painting supplies and backdrops.
10. Funky Punky use reasonable care but is not responsible for damage to clothing or property.
11. Funky Punky will not be liable for non-attendance due to incorrect booking details being provided.
12. The client will be responsible for any parking fees or provide parking at venue suitable for a LWB transit.
13. The unplanned overtime rate is £20 per half hour or part of to be paid in full on the day.
Cancellation Policy :
14. Funky Punky must be notified of cancellations by email and phone as soon as possible. For cancellations less than 7 days away from the scheduled date the client agrees to pay a cancellation fee of 50% of the booking fee. For cancellation 72 hours or less from the scheduled date the client agrees to pay a cancellation fee of 100% of the booking fee.
15. Cancellation fees are due within 7 days of the cancellation notification.
16. Cancellation Funky Punky: In the rare instance Funky Punky has to cancel, we will contact the client at the earliest possibility and endeavour to find a suitable replacement. If a replacement can not be found the client will be offered a rescheduled date or full refund of any fees paid.
17. Funky Punky will arrive at least 15 min before booking to set up.
18. Please ensure that there is parking available for a LWB transit van as close to the entrance of the building as possible. Funky Punky will have to carry heavy equipment into the venue. Failure to do so may result in Funky Punky not being set up on time.
19. The client must provide assistance to watch equipment whilst loading/unloading and during breaks.
20. Funky Punky is only the party provider and will not supervise children. The behaviour and safety of the children is the responsibility of the client/parent/carer/host.
Packing Up :
21. Funky Punky will stop work at the scheduled time. If additional time is requested and agreed then payment will need to be made immediately, the set up and pack down time is included in the booking fee.
Face, Body & Bump Painting :
22. Hosts left in charge of any children without their parent/carer, are responsible for obtaining permission from the parent for that child to participate. You will also be responsible for ensuring only participating people approach the artist for a design. Ensure participant’s mouth and nose is wiped and face is CLEAN and DRY before being seated for painting. The participant will present a clean and dry body or bump before being painted. Read below for reasons why people should not participate.
People who should not participate :
23. Anyone who appears to be suffering from Chicken Pox, Measles, Rubella, Impetigo, Scabies, Cold Sores, Conjunctivitis or who suffer from Eczema or have open cuts and sores.
24. Anyone who is generally unwell.
25. Anyone who is reluctant, too wriggly or asleep!
26. Anyone who has sensitive skin or allergies. However a skin patch test can be carried out on the inside of the arm on parent/carer’s request and left for approximately 60 minutes. If there is no reaction, they can be painted on their face at their own risk without prejudice or penalty.
27. Children less than two years of age.
28. Anyone that is abusive, violent or intoxicated.
29. Anybody asking for anything that could be considered as offensive.
30. Anybody asking for work to take place on inappropriate parts of the body.
31. The artist reserves the right to refuse anyone that is or seems to fall in any of the categories mentioned above.
Face Painter Responsibility :
The Artist :
32. Is fully insured with £5 million public liability.
33. Will clean the work station, if supplied by the client, back to the original manner provided.
34. Will adhere to industry health and safety practices, including using one sponge per face to minimise cross infection.
35. Ensures brushes will be washed and water changed frequently during the event.
36. All equipment is washed thoroughly after an event.
37. Only products that have been tested for their safety will be used.
Hair Braids :
People who should not participate :
38. Anyone with head lice or nits.
39. People with very fine hair.
40. Children less than two years of age.
41. Anyone that is abusive, violent or intoxicated.
42. Anyone with skin problems on the scalp such as Eczema or Psoriasis
43. Anyone who appears to be suffering from Chicken Pox, Measles, Rubella, Impetigo, Scabies, Cold Sores, Conjunctivitis or who suffer from Eczema or have open cuts and sores.
44. Children who are reluctant, too wriggly or asleep!
45. The braider reserves the right to refuse anyone that is or seems to fall in any of the categories mentioned above.
Hair Braider Responsibility :
The Braider :
46. Is fully insured with £5 million public liability.
47. Will supply a large range of colours and designs.
48. Ensures participants hair is suitable before installing a braid. If not suitable a clip-in braid will be offered.
Promotional Material :
49. Funky Punky reserves the right to display and distribute promotional material during the event.
50. Funky Punky may take photos during the event with permission from the participant and will be used solely for the purpose of promoting the business. It is the client’s responsibility to inform Funky Punky of any participants who do not wish to have their photos taken.
51. You will ensure that the Artist/s have a safe, comfortable covered area to work in, with adequate lighting, and away from speakers or loud music.
52. You will provide a safe covered working area if the event is outside. If Gazebos are provided, they must be sturdy, and sides should be provided in case of inclement weather. Guy ropes should be safely tied. The Artist/s cannot take responsibility for the structural integrity of the supplied gazebo, and the supplier will be fully PLI covered for this.
53. You will ensure enough space and suitable standing is provided to tether guy ropes etc if gazebo supplied by us.
54. You agree that Funky Punky is exclusively the sole provider for services booked.
55. If the event is a Pay Per Face you agree to pay the guaranteed fix price negotiated in the event of working at a serious loss due to the event being poorly attended for reasons such as but not exclusively: insufficient promotion, inclement weather, incorrect booking dates supplied etc.